My friend, Jay at This is My Truth Now has started his very own tag! He’s a great guy, and has a very active and interesting blog. Check him out and have a look at these thought provoking questions:
The Challenge Questions
- You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favorite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other — no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author — and explain why.
- I would love to meet J.K. Rowling, but seriously, will she be there for me when the chips are down? Only if I want to read a book, right? My family and friends have always been there for me and I’m there for them. Sorry, J.K.!
- You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you aren’t interested?
- No. No, I couldn’t. That would be creepy lol!
- If you could turn any male character from one of your favorite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
- Tough question! Umm…Can’t think of any!
- What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
- That would be Jay, of course! He’s at thisismytruthnow, the originator of this tag. He always responds to comments, always has something interesting to say. He’s fun
- If you could change any one decision your favorite book character made, what would it be and why?
- Kurt Wallander from Henning Menkell’s Kurt Wallander series. He’s a hard working Detective Inspector. I love that he is a very authentic and real person who makes mistakes both on the job and in his personal life. He always seems to be pushing the ones he loves most away from him. So, I would love to see him choose family and loved ones first.
- If you could pick 1 character from a book and 1 character from a TV show you watch (that is NOT based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose, and why?
- Thought about this for a while, but I got nothing. Sorry!
- It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can go move forward to whatever comes next for you [based on your own spiritual or religious beliefs], or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if it’s option 2, reveal the book and author.Option 1.
- If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read, but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it? If so, explain the who and why.
- Noooo…I’m not that cruel! But I love Rollo, young Ian’s part wolf and part Irish Wolfhound in Outlander 🙂 He’s such a loyal pup!
- If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
- My main characters in the YA books I have been working on usually include my two sons. Does that count?
- Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
- Currently Reading
- 2000 Read
- Currently Reading
- Your favorite character (under 18) needs a place to stay for 3 months and asks you if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
- Harry Potter needs to get away from the Dursleys and he needs to stay with a muggle family. He picks us!
- Which of the 365 Daily Challenge posts most describes you? To see them all, you can go here. (Note: This is the question each person can change when they tag their own nominees)
- I’m going to go with sensitive here, though I think quite a few would fit.
Create your own new post and call it “Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words — without quotes — “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
Include these rules when you copy/paste to your own post.
Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include their responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the person who tagged you.
Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is: ThisIsMyTruthNow
Choose 12 bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Questions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself — you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something.
Be sure to copy/paste the “Truth or Dare” section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge — so you better carefully read it!
If you’ve haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.
TRUTH OR DARE: Oh, did I forget to tell you the last part of the ThisIsMyTruthNow tag? If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through on whatever dare the person who tags you chooses — for my nominees, if you choose not to do this tag, your dare is to re-read [within the next 30 days] the book that has the lowest rating of all the books you’ve read in the last five (5) years. And if you don’t read it again, you’ll be cursed with bad book reads for the next five (5) years. HaHaHaHaHa!